Ebbeh is a chunky soup that includes vegetables (most often or always it is Cassava), meat and a mix of other ingredients such as chillies, tamarind and lime juice.
- 1 kg cassava peeled and cut into chunks
- 200g smoked bonga fish, bones and flakes removed
- 200g smoked catfish bones and flakes remove
- 200g prawns on peel
- 100g crab cut into halves
- 400ml palm oil
- 100g hot whole chili
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 50g black tamarind
- 3 litre water
- 2 stock cubes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the cassava until tender.
- Remove the cassava; keep the water for further cooking,
- Pound the cassava in a mortar with pestle.
- Add the cassava back to the water, simmer, and add the remaining ingredients.
- Continue to simmer until all ingredients are cooked.
- Adjust the seasoning as desired and add lime juice to taste.